[05/03/2020 01:09]
ADEN-SABA
Yemen's Information Minister blamed "Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps" for a terror strike attempt by the IRGC's proxy, the Yemeni Houthi rebels, against an oil tanker in the Arabia Sea on Wednesday.
In a statement to Saba, Muammar al-Eryani said the Houthi "attempt to ram four remotely controlled boats laden with explosives onto" the tanker is a reminder of a similar "wave of terror attacks previously conducted by Iran's IRGC against international trade vessels including oil tankers in the straits of Hermuz."
He said the attempt, foiled by the Arab Coalition, is the second of its kind to take place in less than two weeks. He said the theocratic Yemeni militia is escalating its "its terror activities and jeopardizing the security of international shipping and global energy" supply, according to the Iranian drawn up plans.
He called on the international community to assume its responsibility of ending the Iranian terrorist activities.
Defeat of Iranian regime-backed Houthi militias closer than ever—Tariq Saleh stressed
U.S. Department of State honors activist Amat al-Salam al-Haj with Woman of Courage Award
MASAM removes 2765 landmines, UXO in March 2025
President al-Alimi leaves Aden for consultations over national, regional developments
President al-Alimi performs Eid al-Fitr prayers with senior officials in Aden, welcomes well-wishers
President al-Alimi: Regaining Sana'a, the state's institutions has become closer than ever
Yemeni Ambassador to EU Discusses Bilateral Relations with European Official
Decree by Chairman of the Leadership Council about rules governing actions of the Council, its backup bodies
Yemen's Ambassador to Muscat meets with Omani Deputy Foreign Minister
Vice Foreign Minister discusses humanitarian support for Yemen with German official