Yemen’s Ambassador Discusses Strengthening Development Cooperation with Austrian Development Agency
Yemen’s Ambassador to Austria, Haytham Shoja'adin, met on Friday with the Director of the Austrian Development Agency, Bernd Brunner, to discuss ways to enhance and advance development cooperation between the two friendly countries.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
Korea large companies' exports rise 10 percent
Large companies' exports in South Korea rose approximately 10 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of last year, driven by increased global demand for semiconductors.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Massacre that occurred to journalism will resonate for decades: YJS member
[17/06/2017 12:47]
GENEVA-SABA

Yemen saw a real slay of journalism, the horrible memories of which will resonate for decades to come, said Nabil al-Oseidi a board member of Yemen's Journalists s Syndicate (YJS).

Reviewing the status of press in Yemen over the past two years, in a UN Human Rights Council seminar on expression freedom, al-Oseidai cited some example cases of Houthi savage cruelty against journalists.

He mentioned the militia's sentencing of a veteran reporter Yahya al-Jubeihi to execution in a 10-minute trial in a Sana'a court.

They murdered another journalist, Mohammed al-Absi by secret poisoning.

Al-Oseidi said opinion freedom saw a severe meltdown in the past couple of years in Yemen. "Information media and opinion leaders were an obvious target for the Saleh-Houthi militia since their takeover of power in September 2014."

Upon the takeover " newspapers, websites and offices of local and regional and international TV channels were immediately shut down," he said.

"Over the past two years 23 journalists were killed, 148 others were abducted and held in jails, 150 news websites blocked. Of the abducted journalists 19 remain in the custody of the Houthi milita, one remains in the custody of al-Qaeda."

The YJS recommended that the UN Human Rights Council assign their rapporteur on a mission to Yemen to see the magnitude of journalists' tragedy from close by.


Yemeni Leadership Condemns Attempts to Disrupt State Institutions and Vows to Maintain Order
Government Holds its First Meeting
Yemeni Ambassador Explores Ways to Boost Cultural Cooperation with Indonesian Minister
President al-Alimi: Restoring Sana’a and a Just, United Yemen Will Remain a Unifying National Goal
Yemen’s Ambassador Participates in Board Meeting of Arab World Institute in Paris
Chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council Exchanges Ramadan Greetings with Arab and Islamic Leaders
Ministry of Endowments Announces Wednesday as First Day of Ramadan
Public Works Minister, UNOPS Review Cooperation on Road Maintenance Projects
Al-Arada calls on international community to support Yemeni government, people
Rights Monitor Documents 868 Serious Violations by Houthi Militias in Al-Bayda in 2025

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us