Stability of Aden cornerstone for eliminating the coup—Lieutenant General al-Subaihi stressed
The Member of the Presidential Leadership Council (PLC) (Lt Gen) Mahmoud al-Subaihi stressed that the stability of the temporary capital Aden is the key foundation for victory in the ongoing battle to restore the state institutions and eliminate the Iranian-backed Houthi coup d'état.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
Korea large companies' exports rise 10 percent
Large companies' exports in South Korea rose approximately 10 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of last year, driven by increased global demand for semiconductors.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Al-Adoofi: Those calling for int'l enquiry want war to continue
[15/09/2017 06:30]

GENEVA-SABA
Yemen's former permanent ambassador to the EU Dr. Ebrahim al-Adoofi said on Friday that "those calling for setting up an international enquiry commission into human rights violations in Yemen don't want Yemen to breathe a sigh of relief, but want the war to continue."

He was addressing a seminar held on the sideline of the UN Human Rights Council's 36th session in Geneva.

He said that the national committee in charge of the enquiry "has managed to investigate into several violations that affected the civilians in different cities and provinces."
"The international commission will be a commission for complicating the track of political settlement according to the regionally and internationally recognized three terms of reference for peace," he added.

In her presentation in the seminar, Yemen's former Human Rights Minister HooriyaMashehoor said: "The decision to form the national commission for investigating into alleged human rights abuses was not a momentary impulse. But it had been a pressing concern in the mind of the government to have such a commission to investigate into the violations that occurred during the popular peaceful revolution of 2011, which the forces of the former President Saleh faced with brutal massacres which incurred thousands of casualties, killed and injured."

She said that the national commission had investigated into 17 thousand cases of abuse allegations in international standards of transparency in areas under the government and rebels control.

She called on the international community and the UN Commissioner for Human Rights to provide technical assistance including training for the national committee's members to perfect their performance.





Government Holds its First Meeting
Yemeni Ambassador Explores Ways to Boost Cultural Cooperation with Indonesian Minister
President al-Alimi: Restoring Sana’a and a Just, United Yemen Will Remain a Unifying National Goal
Yemen’s Ambassador Participates in Board Meeting of Arab World Institute in Paris
Chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council Exchanges Ramadan Greetings with Arab and Islamic Leaders
Ministry of Endowments Announces Wednesday as First Day of Ramadan
Public Works Minister, UNOPS Review Cooperation on Road Maintenance Projects
Al-Arada calls on international community to support Yemeni government, people
Rights Monitor Documents 868 Serious Violations by Houthi Militias in Al-Bayda in 2025
Prime Minister receives Italian Foreign Ministry delegation

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us