Endowments Minister Calls for National Unity Behind Presidential Leadership Council to Strengthen Security and Stability
The Minister of Endowments and Guidance, Sheikh Turki Al-Wadi'i, has appealed for bolstering national cohesion and rallying behind the legitimate government, represented by the Presidential Leadership Council headed by President Dr. Rashad Mohammed Al-Alimi, in a way that contributes to reinforcing security, stability, and safeguarding state institutions.
Casualty Toll from Israeli Offensive on Gaza Rises to 72,070 Martyrs, 171,738 Injured
The casualty toll from the Israeli occupation’s offensive on the Gaza Strip since October 7, 2023, has risen to 72,070 martyrs and 171,738 injured, according to the Ministry of Health in Gaza.
Korea large companies' exports rise 10 percent
Large companies' exports in South Korea rose approximately 10 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of last year, driven by increased global demand for semiconductors.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Militias' abuses against civilians reach365 in June: Investigation Committee
[11/07/2017 08:14]

ADEN-SABA
The National Committee for Investigating Human Right Abuse Claims has documented 365 human rights abuses by the Saleh-Houthi militias against civilian last June.

In a press statement issued Tuesday, the committee said the June violations caused the death of 76 persons, among them 13 women and 19 children mainly by heavy shelling on neighborhoods. Fifty five other persons were injured in the same violations.
The statement reads: "Among the violations are cases of 35 persons arrested and forcibly disappeared, 25 children recruited to fight, 10 persons subjected to torture, 126 properties damaged, four houses detonated in different provinces, 10 persons killed by planted landmines in al-Beidha."

"The committee finalized the investigation into 205 of the reported violations and most of them are cases of killing and injuring caused by indiscriminate Houthi shelling on neighborhoods in Taiz, landmines, improvised explosives, house detonation, arbitrary arrest and forcible disappearance in various parts of Yemen."

The statement said that "June 2017 saw a lot of bloody and sorrowful events in various provinces, especially Taiz."
"Mainly the firing of various heavy projectiles on densely populated neighborhoods and markets, sniper shootings of pedestrians in the constituent districts of Taiz; Qahira, Salah, Mudhaffar, Wazi'iyyah and JabalHabashi," the statement goes on.

The investigation committee, the statement continues, deployed a team of military and demining experts to go to the mentioned districts, document the violations and investigate into them."The team conducted interviews with the victims and/or victims' relativesin Marib and Beidha."

"While conducting investigations, the committee noticed the warring factions' continued failure to distinguish civilians from combatants, therefore largely incurring civilian casualties," says the statement. "(Also noticed) non-adherence to the international humanitarian law's imposed restriction s to protect civilians and safeguard them against danger, therefore internal displacement continued in search for safety."

The committee urged all warring parties to comply with the international humanitarian law, stop targeting civilians and destroying properties and to secure a safe aid supply line to all areas.




Al-Wadiah Port Security foils attempt to smuggle thousands of Captagon pills
Endowments Minister Calls for National Unity Behind Presidential Leadership Council to Strengthen Security and Stability
Yemen’s Ambassador Discusses Strengthening Development Cooperation with Austrian Development Agency
Yemeni Leadership Condemns Attempts to Disrupt State Institutions and Vows to Maintain Order
Stability of Aden cornerstone for eliminating the coup—Lieutenant General al-Subaihi stressed
Government Holds its First Meeting
Yemeni Ambassador Explores Ways to Boost Cultural Cooperation with Indonesian Minister
Yemeni Ambassador Discusses Boosting Judicial Cooperation with Moroccan Prosecutor General
Yemen's Health Ministry Boosts Cooperation with WHO to Enhance Epidemiological Surveillance
Yemen’s Ambassador Discusses Cultural Property Protection Cooperation with Swiss Federal Office Director

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us