Foreign Minister And Her Djiboutian Counterpart Discuss Joint Cooperation
The Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Dr. Afrah al-Zouba and the Djiboutian Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Abdel Qader Omer discussed today, Thursday, on phone aspects of bilateral relations and cooperation.
10 Palestinians Killed in Gaza as Israeli Forces Arrest Palestinian Minister
Ten Palestinians, including nine Palestinian police officers and personnel, were killed and others injured in Israeli airstrikes and shelling targeting northern and central Gaza Strip on Wednesday.
German Exports Rise 3.9 Percent
The total of German exports increased by 3.9 percent during the first half of 2026 compared to the same period last year, reaching 817.8 billion euros.
Al Nassr Beat Al Fateh 3-0 in Saudi Football League
Al Nassr defeated Al Fateh 3-0 in the opening round of the Saudi Pro League, known as the Roshn Saudi League.
User Name: Password:
Gov't issues a statement regarding the Houthi attack on Taiz
[29/08/2022 03:02]
Aden – Saba

The Houthi militia launched a violent attack on the Al-Dhabab area, west of the city of Taiz, from last evening until early today, Monday, in an attempt to capture the area and block the last open road that connects the city of Taiz with Aden governorate.

The attack resulted in the death of 10 soldiers and the wounding of 7 others, at a time when the efforts of the international community and the United Nations are focused on establishing and expanding the humanitarian truce and building on it to resume political efforts and achieve peace in Yemen.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement, "The government views the attack as a blatant challenge to all initiatives and endeavors aimed at ending the war and achieving peace, and an attempt to undermine efforts to extend and expand the humanitarian truce and to impose a full siege on the city of Taiz, which has already been under siege for seven years."

The government called on the militia to fulfill its obligations to open the main roads to and from Taiz, saying it would not allow the Houthi militia to continue its violations and abuse and exploitation of the truce and to benefit from the government side’s commitment to implement the terms of the truce to achieve military and political goals at the expense of Yemenis’ choices and aspirations for peace and stability.

The government said the Houthi militias bear the consequences of this escalation.

The statement added, "With this dangerous escalation, the government calls on the international envoy to assume his responsibilities and condemn these criminal and escalatory acts of the Houthi group against Taiz, especially as military delegations are in the Jordanian capital under the UN's auspices to discuss ensuring compliance with the ceasefire and preventing military violations of the truce."


Foreign Minister And Her Djiboutian Counterpart Discuss Joint Cooperation
Foreign Minister Discusses Cooperation, Coordinating Positions with Mauritanian Counterpart
Yemen Moves to Establish National Maritime Security Committee
Deputy Foreign Minister Receives Credentials of Nigeria Ambassador
Prime Minister Celebrates Reissue Official Gazette of Republic of Yemen in Aden
Al-Khanbashi Praises Activities of "Action for Humanity" Organization
Deputy Foreign Minister Receives Copy of Credentials of Thai Ambassador
Houthi Sniper Wounds Girl in Eastern Taiz
Yemeni Embassy Briefs Sudanese Media on Developments and Houthi Threats to Shipping
Al-Muharrami: Restoring State Institutions Is Key to Peace and Stability in Yemen

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us