Yemen's Embassy Chargé d’Affaires Discusses Draft Agreements, MOU with Syrian Official to Strengthen Bilateral Cooperation
The Chargé d’Affaires of Yemen's Embassy in Damascus Mohammed Baaker held talks with Dima Al-Mousa, the Director of the Department of Agreements and Treaties at the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates on a number of draft bilateral agreements and memoranda of understanding (MoUs) scheduled to be signed in the coming period.
UN Warns of Consequences of Rising Violence, Settlement Activity in West Bank
UN Deputy Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Ramiz Alakbarov warned Wednesday of the consequences of escalating violence and settlement activity in the occupied West Bank.
Tunisian Economy Grows 2.3 In 2Q
The Tunisian economy recorded a growth of 2.3 percent in the second quarter of this year, 2026, driven by improved performance in the agricultural sector and the services sector related to hotels, cafes and restaurants.
Al Nassr Beat Al Fateh 3-0 in Saudi Football League
Al Nassr defeated Al Fateh 3-0 in the opening round of the Saudi Pro League, known as the Roshn Saudi League.
User Name: Password:
Coup undermined all expression freedom progress, info minister says
[22/09/2017 05:21]
GENEVA-SABA

Yemen had been making a significant progress in freedom of expression from the time it adopted political pluralism in 1990 until the Saleh-Houthi coup came and undermined all of that, said information minister Muammar al-Eryani.

Minister Muammar al-Eryani made the remarks during a meeting with senior international media bandits including the former president of the International Federation of Journalists, Jim Boumelha and the deputy chief of the Federation of Arab Journalists Abdullah al-Bakkali on the sideline of the HRC's 36th session in Geneva on Thursday.

Al-Eryani said the Saleh-Houthi militias' systematic atrocities against journalists in Yemen range from closing press offices to killing journalists, to abduction, forcible disappearance, torture and sentencing to death as happened to Yahya al-Jubeihi who was tried for 10 minutes and sentenced to death in one of the courts run by the radical militias.

Al-Eryani thanked the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for offering a safe haven to scores of Yemeni journalists fleeing the persecution in their home. He also thanked the international organizations which sympathized with them.

Al-Eryni called on the international organizations to do more to pressure on the militias stop the abuses.

The attending journalists condemned the militias' practices, called for supporting Yemeni journalists and called on the world to distinguish – as they interface with Yemen - between the government and the irresponsible militias which complies with no rules and cares about no such a thing as human rights or freedoms.

Meanwhile, al-Eryani said on Friday that his ministry would try to exert all possible efforts to secure the release of journalists detained by the coup militias. He said that the ministry would contact all the international groups advocating freedoms to draw attention to the plight of Yemeni journalists and drum up support and pressure to get them release and to cancel the death sentence that the radical militias' courts handed to veteran report Yahya al-Jubeihi.


President al-Alimi Praised Japan's Vision on Yemen, Region
Planning Ministry, WFP Discuss Strengthening Humanitarian and Development Interventions
Yemen Takes Part in UN Desertification Conference in Mongolia
Minister of Interior Discusses with British Ambassador Security Cooperation
Al-Sharjabi Discusses Water, Sanitation Project Priorities with International Relief Organization, Strengthening Partnership
Ambassador Al-Sunaini Discusses Strengthening Cooperation, Maritime Security with Japan’s State Minister of Defense
Al-Muharrami, US Chargé d’Affaires Review Developments, Bilateral Cooperation
State Minister, US Chargé d’Affaires Discuss Houthi Attacks
Al-Khanbashi Praises Kuwait’s Sustained Support for Humanitarian and Development Projects
Yemen Victims Network Documents 18 Civilian Casualties in Three Governorates in One Week

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us