Stability of Aden cornerstone for eliminating the coup—Lieutenant General al-Subaihi stressed
The Member of the Presidential Leadership Council (PLC) (Lt Gen) Mahmoud al-Subaihi stressed that the stability of the temporary capital Aden is the key foundation for victory in the ongoing battle to restore the state institutions and eliminate the Iranian-backed Houthi coup d'état.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
Korea large companies' exports rise 10 percent
Large companies' exports in South Korea rose approximately 10 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of last year, driven by increased global demand for semiconductors.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Militias impede medics' access to regions most infected with cholera: Health Ministry
[16/06/2017 01:40]
ADEN-SABA
The Saleh-Houthi militias have been impeding medical crew's access to regions most infected with the virulent disease of cholera in Yemen, the country's Public Health Ministry said.

Gathered statistics show that cholera infections are mostly centered in Sana'a, Hodeidah and Hajjah, the three of them under
the control of the armed coup militias, the ministry said in a weekly report of which Saba obtained a copy.

"The Health Ministry's medical monitoring and prevention teams find big difficulties travelling to these militia-controlled provinces."

The Ministry noticed a decline in the infection rates in Dhamar, Dhale'a, Mahweet and Ibb. In 11 other provinces the suspected infections could not be ascertained due to the lack of precise diagnose.

The Ministry said in the Taiz, there is a soaring rise in the infection rate but medics are denied access to this militia-besieged city.

The Ministry thanked King Salman Relief Center, the WHO, UNICEF and OCHA for their humanitarian response to the health challenges in the country.

The Ministry's records showed that until 12 June, 2017, as many as 1,29,000 diarrheal cases were reported in areas under the government's control. 1,26,000 cases were treated and discharged from hospitals. The rate of cured cases was 98%, mortalities 0.7%.

The ministry said in its measures to contain the epidemic it formed four teams for coordination, delivery, hygiene and chlorination. The teams were tasked with getting rid of solid waste, fixing sewage, hygiene and resumption of salary payment to personnel working in these sectors.

The Ministry called on all information seekers to refer to it for accurate information. The ministry publishes a weekly report on the epidemic combating efforts.


Government Holds its First Meeting
Yemeni Ambassador Explores Ways to Boost Cultural Cooperation with Indonesian Minister
President al-Alimi: Restoring Sana’a and a Just, United Yemen Will Remain a Unifying National Goal
Yemen’s Ambassador Participates in Board Meeting of Arab World Institute in Paris
Chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council Exchanges Ramadan Greetings with Arab and Islamic Leaders
Ministry of Endowments Announces Wednesday as First Day of Ramadan
Public Works Minister, UNOPS Review Cooperation on Road Maintenance Projects
Al-Arada calls on international community to support Yemeni government, people
Rights Monitor Documents 868 Serious Violations by Houthi Militias in Al-Bayda in 2025
Prime Minister receives Italian Foreign Ministry delegation

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us