YWEF Documents 4,651 Houthi Violations Against Mosques and Religious Minorities
The Yemeni Women Empowerment Foundation (YWEF) has documented 4,651 crimes and violations committed by the Iranian-backed Houthi terrorist militia against mosques, religious figures and minorities across 14 provinces between January 2014 and August 21, 2026.
10 Palestinians Killed in Gaza as Israeli Forces Arrest Palestinian Minister
Ten Palestinians, including nine Palestinian police officers and personnel, were killed and others injured in Israeli airstrikes and shelling targeting northern and central Gaza Strip on Wednesday.
German Exports Rise 3.9 Percent
The total of German exports increased by 3.9 percent during the first half of 2026 compared to the same period last year, reaching 817.8 billion euros.
Al Nassr Beat Al Fateh 3-0 in Saudi Football League
Al Nassr defeated Al Fateh 3-0 in the opening round of the Saudi Pro League, known as the Roshn Saudi League.
User Name: Password:
RSF condemns death sentence against Yemeni Journalist
[14/04/2017 05:20]


Paris (Sab) - Reporters Without Borders (RSF) has strongly condemned a death sentence issued by a Sanaa criminal court controlled by Houthi rebels against a Yemeni journalist, Yahya Abdelraqib Al-Jubaihi, on a charge of "spying for an enemy country".

Alexandra El Khazen, the head of RSF’s Middle East desk said that this sentence sets a dangerous precedent for journalists in Yemen, and that it was issued at the end of an unfair trial.

"This constitutes a grave violation of international law. We urge Houthi leaders to free this journalist at once,” El Khazen added.

Al-Jubaihi, 62 years old was convicted on the basis of past contacts with the Saudi embassy.

The Yemeni Journalists Syndicate, which strongly condemned the sentence, said that it contradicts the Yemeni constitution and that al-Jubaihi was not allowed to defend himself in an unfair trial.

A respected journalist, Jubaihi has been held in Sanaa’s Habra prison ever since he was arrested at his home on 6 September 2016. As well as working for Saudi and Yemeni media outlets such as Al-Tagheer, he used to run the prime minister’s press office and advised the cabinet on media affairs.

"Al-Jubaihi , a respected journalists, has been held in Sana'a's Habra prison since he was arrested on 6 September 2016" RSF said in a statement.

"As well as working for Saudi and Yemeni media outlets such as Al-Tagheer, he used to run the prime minister’s press office and advised the cabinet on media affairs."

At least 16 journalists and media professionals are currently held the Houthi-Saleh militias and Al-Qaeda. Yemen is ranked 170th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2016 World Press Freedom Index



Yemen, Global Environment Facility Discuss Enhancing Support for Environmental and Climate Projects
Yemen Moves to Establish National Maritime Security Committee
Deputy Foreign Minister Receives Copy of Credentials of Thai Ambassador
Houthi Sniper Wounds Girl in Eastern Taiz
Yemeni Embassy Briefs Sudanese Media on Developments and Houthi Threats to Shipping
Al-Muharrami: Restoring State Institutions Is Key to Peace and Stability in Yemen
Minister of Health Discusses INTERSOS Interventions In Health Sector
Minister of Civil Service Meets with UN Envoy's Economic Advisor
President al-Alimi Praised Japan's Vision on Yemen, Region
Planning Ministry, WFP Discuss Strengthening Humanitarian and Development Interventions

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us