Defeat of Iranian regime-backed Houthi militias closer than ever—Tariq Saleh stressed
The Member of the Presidential Leadership Council (PLC) Brigadier General Tariq Saleh restated that the defeat of the Iranian expansion scheme in Yemen carried out by the terrorist Houthi militias has become closer than ever amid recent regional and international changes.
The casualties toll of the Israeli war on Gaza rises to 50,523 martyrs, 114,776 injured
The victims toll of the Israeli brutal and annihilation war on the Gaza Strip since October 7, 2023, has risen to 50,523 martyrs and 114,776 injured.
Germany: New US tariffs an attack on the global trading system
The German government has confirmed that the new tariffs announced by US President Donald Trump are an economic mistake and represent an attack on the global trading system.
Cleveland Cavaliers continue to lead the East by beating Los Angeles in the NBA
Donovan Mitchell scored 24 points and 12 rebounds to lead the East leaders Cleveland Cavaliers to their 60th win of the season over the Los Angeles Clippers (127-122) today in the NBA.
User Name: Password:
Yemeni government blames Houthis for blocking Stockholm Agreement
[15/10/2020 07:31]

NEWYORK- SABA
The Yemeni government said it has been very keen to comply with Stockholm Agreement, reacted constructively to all calls and initiatives over the past five years aimed to make peace and end the Yemeni peoples' suffering, but unfortunately the upshots on the ground clearly indicate that Houthis are not interested in honoring its provisions.

Yemen's permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Abdullah Assa'adi stated that the theocratic Houthi militia's recent military escalation in Addoryhim area of Hodeidah governorate, earlier in Marib, Aljawf and Taiz, breaching cease-fire, suing Hodeidah as launching-pad to fire ballistic missiles and drones, planting landmines, smuggling weapons and looting humanitarian aids all constitute blatant violation of Stockholm Agreement.

Addressing the open session of the International Security Council about Middle East held Thursday in New York Assa'di affirmed that the Yemeni government headed by President Hadi has continued to seek to put an end of the war imposed by Houthi militia since 2014.

He stated that the main objective the Yemeni government has been seeking for is to achieve the fair, comprehensive and sustainable peace that is based on the three terms of reference including the GGC' Imitative, its executive mechanism, outcomes of the National Dialogue and the USCRs in relevant, namely 2216.

Assa'ad noted that to realize peace, the government has provided the Special Envoy of the UN Secretary General to Yemen Martin Griffiths with all possible support, offered concessions, reacted positively to peace options and proposals.

" We extended our hands for peace, dealt flexibly with peace options, made a lot of concessions to preserve our war-stricken country and our hands are still extend, but unfortunately Houthi militia has continued to refuse to come to peace, insisting on more wars and destruction, further worsening the Yemenis' ordeal", said Assa'ad.


Defeat of Iranian regime-backed Houthi militias closer than ever—Tariq Saleh stressed
U.S. Department of State honors activist Amat al-Salam al-Haj with Woman of Courage Award
MASAM removes 2765 landmines, UXO in March 2025
President al-Alimi leaves Aden for consultations over national, regional developments
President al-Alimi performs Eid al-Fitr prayers with senior officials in Aden, welcomes well-wishers
President al-Alimi: Regaining Sana'a, the state's institutions has become closer than ever
Yemeni Ambassador to EU Discusses Bilateral Relations with European Official
Decree by Chairman of the Leadership Council about rules governing actions of the Council, its backup bodies
Vice Foreign Minister discusses humanitarian support for Yemen with German official
Al-Sa'di confers with DiCarlo over developments in Yemen

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us