Minister of Planning Seeks British Support for National Development, Stability Plan
The Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Dr. Afrah al-Zouba held talks today, Monday, in London, with the UK Minister of State for Development Baroness Jenny Chapman on the Yemeni-British cooperation and the aspects of the British support for Yemen.
Death Toll from Israeli Offensive in Gaza Rises to 72,757, with 172,645 Injured
Medical sources in Gaza Strip said the death toll from the Israeli military offensive on the territory has risen to 72,757, while the number of wounded has reached 172,645 since the outbreak of the war on October 7, 2023.
Oil price tops $100 a barrel
Oil prices jumped above $100 per barrel today, Monday, as the U.S. Navy prepares to take control of ship movements in the Strait of Hormuz.
Inter Milan a win away from Serie A title
Inter Milan continued its successful march to reclaim the Italian football league title, despite drawing with its host Torino (2-2), in the conclusion of the 34th round of the competition.
User Name: Password:
Govt condemns Houthi military campaign against central Yemen village, int'l silence
[14/12/2019 02:51]

DHAMAR-SABA
Yemen's government condemned a Houthi military campaign against a village in central Yemen's province of Dhamar and deplored the international silence for the theocratic militia's non-stopping atrocities in their areas of control.

In a statement on Saturday, the Ministry of Human Rights said the militia have kicked five civilians and injured others so far in a campaign going on for three days against the people of al-Masaqira village in al-Hada region of Dhamar.

"The militia have launched an attack with all sorts of weapons, imposed a siege around the village, attacked women and children and displaced them," said the statement. It is not known yet why the Houthis launched the attack, but the militia naturally does not tolerate any form of dissent against its theocratic rule.

"The indiscriminate shelling has caused the burning of three houses and destructed other houses otherwise. The militia also arrested 146 villagers including children rounding them up to al-Mardaa Jail in the center of al-Hada district," said the statement.

The ministry condemned the international silence and it is "surprised by the failure of the international community and the UN Security Council to take tough actions against the militia as they conduct such atrocities against unarmed civilians." "The international silence emboldens the militia to go on with such atrocities."


Minister of Planning Seeks British Support for National Development, Stability Plan
Al-Eryani Receives Invitation to Participate in Arab Information Ministers' Meeting from Libyan Ambassador
Presidential Leadership Council Member Mahmoud al-Subaihi Receives UN Delegation in Aden
President Reaffirms State Commitment to Fully Resolving Detainees File
Deputy Health Minister Launches Dengue and Vector Disease Response Package in Eight Governorates
Legal Affairs Minister, UN Rights Office Discuss Legislative Reform and Expanded Cooperation
Yemen Condemns Attacks Targeting Saudi Arabia with Drones
Al-Aradah Hails Graduation of Air Defense College Cadets as Milestone in Rebuilding Armed Forces
Abyan Governor Discusses Service, Development Interventions with Saudi Program
KSrelief Begins Drilling of Three New Wells to Expand Water Access in Taiz

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us