Minister of Electricity, UN Envoy's Advisor Discuss Joint Cooperation About Electricity
The Minister of Electricity and Energy Engineer Adnan al-Kaaf conferred today, Sunday, with the Economic Advisor at the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to Yemen Dirk Jan Omtzigt, in the temporary capital Aden, over joint cooperation in the electricity and energy.
10 Palestinians Killed in Gaza as Israeli Forces Arrest Palestinian Minister
Ten Palestinians, including nine Palestinian police officers and personnel, were killed and others injured in Israeli airstrikes and shelling targeting northern and central Gaza Strip on Wednesday.
German Exports Rise 3.9 Percent
The total of German exports increased by 3.9 percent during the first half of 2026 compared to the same period last year, reaching 817.8 billion euros.
Al Nassr Beat Al Fateh 3-0 in Saudi Football League
Al Nassr defeated Al Fateh 3-0 in the opening round of the Saudi Pro League, known as the Roshn Saudi League.
User Name: Password:
Militias' abuses against civilians reach365 in June: Investigation Committee
[11/07/2017 08:14]

ADEN-SABA
The National Committee for Investigating Human Right Abuse Claims has documented 365 human rights abuses by the Saleh-Houthi militias against civilian last June.

In a press statement issued Tuesday, the committee said the June violations caused the death of 76 persons, among them 13 women and 19 children mainly by heavy shelling on neighborhoods. Fifty five other persons were injured in the same violations.
The statement reads: "Among the violations are cases of 35 persons arrested and forcibly disappeared, 25 children recruited to fight, 10 persons subjected to torture, 126 properties damaged, four houses detonated in different provinces, 10 persons killed by planted landmines in al-Beidha."

"The committee finalized the investigation into 205 of the reported violations and most of them are cases of killing and injuring caused by indiscriminate Houthi shelling on neighborhoods in Taiz, landmines, improvised explosives, house detonation, arbitrary arrest and forcible disappearance in various parts of Yemen."

The statement said that "June 2017 saw a lot of bloody and sorrowful events in various provinces, especially Taiz."
"Mainly the firing of various heavy projectiles on densely populated neighborhoods and markets, sniper shootings of pedestrians in the constituent districts of Taiz; Qahira, Salah, Mudhaffar, Wazi'iyyah and JabalHabashi," the statement goes on.

The investigation committee, the statement continues, deployed a team of military and demining experts to go to the mentioned districts, document the violations and investigate into them."The team conducted interviews with the victims and/or victims' relativesin Marib and Beidha."

"While conducting investigations, the committee noticed the warring factions' continued failure to distinguish civilians from combatants, therefore largely incurring civilian casualties," says the statement. "(Also noticed) non-adherence to the international humanitarian law's imposed restriction s to protect civilians and safeguard them against danger, therefore internal displacement continued in search for safety."

The committee urged all warring parties to comply with the international humanitarian law, stop targeting civilians and destroying properties and to secure a safe aid supply line to all areas.




Minister of Electricity, UN Envoy's Advisor Discuss Joint Cooperation About Electricity
Yemeni Ambassador Bin Brayk Hands Credentials to Saudi Foreign Ministry
Houthi Militias Target Two Civilian Vehicles in Dhale’a, Injuring Three
Minister of Industry : Private Sector Key Partner, Driver of Economic Activity
Ministerial Committee for Institutional Reforms Holds Its First Meeting In Aden
Health Committee Discusses Strengthening National Preparedness to Address Health Emergencies
Yemen, Global Environment Facility Discuss Enhancing Support for Environmental and Climate Projects
YWEF Documents 4,651 Houthi Violations Against Mosques and Religious Minorities
Houthi Violations Leave Nearly 59,000 Civilians Dead or Injured Since 2015: Rights Group
Yemen Condemns Israeli Escalation in Gaza and E1 Settlement Plan

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us