President al-Alimi: Restoring Sana’a and a Just, United Yemen Will Remain a Unifying National Goal
His Excellency President Dr. Rashad Mohammed al-Alimi, Chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council, called on the Yemeni people to seize a pivotal moment of transition and align behind a vision for rebuilding a state that protects rights, safeguards dignity, and offers hope to future generations.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
Korea large companies' exports rise 10 percent
Large companies' exports in South Korea rose approximately 10 percent year-on-year in the fourth quarter of last year, driven by increased global demand for semiconductors.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Mahra Governor: 250 families evacuated by helicopters to shelters
[17/10/2018 01:56]
MAHRA-SABA
Governor of Mahra Rajeh ba-Kerait has confirmed that more than 250 trapped families have been transported on Wednesday to shelters, pointing out that some areas still out of their control over cut of telecommunication service, especially in Qashan and Masila.

Ba-Kerait, who sponsored the evacuation process and rescuing hundreds of trapped families in disaster areas in the province over the tropical storm Luban, said a helicopter has been sent from the Third Military Zone and three other jets- from Arab Coalition- have participated in evacuation process and rescuing hundreds of families trapped by floods and rains in al-Abri, Tenhalen Valley, Yroub, al-Fudaimi and other areas.

"During the evacuation procedures, the helicopter duties have been divided on affected areas in accordance to the need …. Approximately 70 percent of affected and trapped people have been evacuated and the work is ongoing until releasing all people in affected areas of the province," the governor added in a statement to Saba.

He pointed out that coordination in evacuation of other trapped families is being done with the team of the Arab Coalition under the Command of Ali al-Shihri, and emergency teams and security forces are in a state of alert until salvaging all families from all affected areas in the province.

Relief materials have been distributed immediately on the affected people and the relief process and evacuation procedures in the affected areas are still ongoing, Governor ba-Kerait said.

He warned citizens that there are information on floods from deserts and forests are on their way to Ghaitha, Masila, Sayhoot and Qashen and inhabitants in floodplains should be away and take care while flooding.

Governor of Mahra thanked the Saudi-led Coalition for quick response and sending jets to salvage people.


President al-Alimi: Restoring Sana’a and a Just, United Yemen Will Remain a Unifying National Goal
Yemen’s Ambassador Participates in Board Meeting of Arab World Institute in Paris
Chairman of the Presidential Leadership Council Exchanges Ramadan Greetings with Arab and Islamic Leaders
Ministry of Endowments Announces Wednesday as First Day of Ramadan
Public Works Minister, UNOPS Review Cooperation on Road Maintenance Projects
Al-Arada calls on international community to support Yemeni government, people
Rights Monitor Documents 868 Serious Violations by Houthi Militias in Al-Bayda in 2025
Prime Minister receives Italian Foreign Ministry delegation
Leadership Council Member Al-Aradah Discusses Political, Economic Developments with EU Ambassadors
Child Shot Injured by Houthi Sniper in Taiz

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us