Planning Minister Discusses Humanitarian and Development Plan Priorities with UN Resident Coordinator
The Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Dr. Afrah al-Zouba met Monday here with the United Nations Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in Yemen Julian Harneis.
German Chancellor Says Europe Must Stand Strong
German Chancellor Friedrich Merz has called on Europeans to strive for greater autonomy, emphasizing the need for Europe to defend itself using its own capabilities, given the shift in transatlantic relations.
China's foreign exchange reserves rise to $3.3991 trillion
China's total foreign exchange reserves made $3.3991 trillion at the end of last January, marking an increase of $41.2 billion, or 1.23 percent, compared to the end of December last year.
Saudi League: Al-Nassr, Al-Ettifaq and Neom Secure Victories Over Al-Ittihad, Damac and Al-Riyadh
Al-Nassr defeated its guest Al-Ittihad 2–0 in the match that brought them together at Al-Awwal Park Stadium in Riyadh, as part of the 21st round of the Saudi Professional League.
User Name: Password:
Govt reacted positively to Griffiths' initiative, FM tells US ambassador
[17/07/2018 03:26]

RIYADH-SABA
Foreign Minister KhaledAlyemanytold the US ambassador to Yemen Matthew Tuellerthat the Yemeni government was positive in its reaction with the initiative offered by the UN Secretary General's Special Envoy for Yemen Martin Griffiths regarding Hodeidah city.

Both Griffiths and his predecessor Ismail OuldCheikhhad offered proposals for a peaceful handover of the Red Sea port city by the Houthi militia, which was repeatedly accepted by the government and totally dismissed by the militia.

Alyemany noted in the meeting with Tueller they held in the Saudi capital Riyadh on Tuesday that Griffiths' initiative provides for the full withdrawal of the Houthis from thecity, the city's main port, the secondary ports of Ras Isa, al-Saleef and other areas of the western coastline. As per the initiative forces from the internationally recognized government's Interior Ministry shall take over in Houthis place.

He said that "to give this initiative a chance, the government and the Arab Coalition were the first to declare a ceasefire from their side." He said that the coupist militia, however, continued stubborn in rejectingthe idea of withdrawal altogether.

He said that the initiative conforms with the UN Security Council resolution no. 2216 which provides for the rebel militia's withdrawal from cities and state institutions and handover of arms to the state.

Alyemany said the military operation in Hodeidah is going on according to a carefully studied plan that fits with the international humanitarian law. He reiterated the government's commitment to maintain the seaport operational to admit commercial goods and humanitarian aid into Yemen.

He praised the United State's support to the restoration of the Yemeni state and achievement of security and stabilityinYemen.

The US ambassador on his part pointed that the three relevant terms of reference are the key to achieving a sustainable peace. He also appreciated the government's positive reaction to the efforts of the UN to revive the peace talks.


Prime Minister receives Italian Foreign Ministry delegation
Leadership Council Member Al-Aradah Discusses Political, Economic Developments with EU Ambassadors
Child Shot Injured by Houthi Sniper in Taiz
President al-Alim confers with German Foreign Minister over bilateral relations, mobilizing international support for government's reforms
"MASAM" removes 4 thousand 0f Houthis-laid landmines, UXO in two weeks
Yemen's Planning Minister Discusses Development Cooperation with French Ambassador
Prime Minister: International Support for Government' Investment in Regional Stability
Rights Group Documents 382 Houthi Violations Against Lawyers in Sanaa
Yemen's Deputy Foreign Minister Discusses Cooperation with Red Cross
Yemen's Minister of Legal Affairs Reviews Ministry's Progress and 2026 Plan

About Saba News Agency | Usage Agreement | Contact Us