[17/09/2018 04:00]
GENEVA-SABA
The report published by the United Nations Group of Eminent Experts on (GEE) last month on three years of human rights abuses was purely political for it turned a blind eye the multitude and severity of Houthi abuses against civilians, a Yemeni human rights official has said.
Addressing the UNHRC's 39th session in Geneva on Monday, Deputy Minister of Human Rights Nabil Abdul-Hafeedh said the report ignored the Houthihabitual and unique methods of massacring civilians by shelling,snipershootings, landmines and torturesin jail.
He said the report avoided referring to the Houthithree year long strangling siege around Taiz city;enforced disappearances of peaceful activists, arbitrary detentions; attack on mothers and relatives of prisoners demanding their release; enforced conscription of child soldiers; obstruction and confiscation of humanitarian aid to the point of starving people and allowing epidemics to thrive; using the Red Sea port of Hodeidah to smuggle in ballistic missiles and raise revenues to perpetuate their war against the Yemeni people; attacking shipping vessels in the Red Sea; mounting the coup in September 2014 to begin with, and sabotaging and avoiding all peaceoffers since thenall the way through until the latest UN-proposed talks that were supposed to be held in Geneva onSeptember 6, 2018.
President al-Alimi: Unity has been Nobel Humanitarian, National Project for Southern, Northern Generations
Presidential Leadership Council Chairman Receives National Day Greetings from Russia and Japan
Minister of State for Women's Affairs Discusses Outcomes of Women's Summits
Deputy Interior Minister Meets with UN Envoy to Discuss Counter-Terrorism Efforts
Leadership Council Member Tariq Saleh Launches Development Projects in Western Coast with Saudi Support
Yemeni Minister of Endowments Meets Saudi Counterpart to Boost Cooperation
Aden Governor Meets UN Envoy’s Office Team to Discuss Local Conditions and Development Support
Tareq Saleh Attends Launch of New Naval Unit Covering Red Sea Waters
Planning Minister Participates in Two High-Level Sessions on Sidelines of London Global Partnerships Conference
Transport Minister, Yemenia Leadership Review Steps to Safeguard Air Service Continuity